I am considering switching from Lightroom 6 to Capture One Pro 10. As I find points of interest I will update this post. Here are the reasons I am considering changing:
- Lightroom is too slow at importing and culling. A job that I don’t like doing and dragging it out with “loading … Loading … Loading… is just too painful.
- I find LR editing too basic – especially for sharpening and noise reduction.
- I would not mind getting rid of the $15 per month fee – Capture One was a one time payment $363 CAD (Feb 2017)
My Findings to date with C1 Pro:
2017 03 14
- It crashes about once per day – although in ver specific areas which I can sometimes avoid. So far nothing has been lost.
- Its faster at importing and culling (by far) for me but slower at some editing tasks such as local adjustments.
- Sharpening and noise reduction are far superior to any other product I have used.
- Its not easy to learn – there are a lot of approaches build into the tool that are great and made for professional photographers, its just hard to wrap your head around the details and shortcut keys.